VTB Capital has won in several categories in the Cbonds Awards 2017. The awards ceremony of the 15th Russian Cbonds Congress took place in St Petersburg. VTB Capital won first place in the following nominations:
- Best Russian investment bank in the Eurobonds market
- Best bond research
- Best investment bank for non-financial sector
A number of transactions led by VTB Capital were recognized at the awards as well. The bank was awarded the following nominations:
- Best primary corporate bond placement for the FGC UES bond placement
- Best primary placement of municipal bonds of the Yaroslav Region
- Best primary placement on the securitization market for the “Mortgage Agent Vozrozhdenie 5” transaction
- Best primary placement of Eurobonds for the issuance of the 6-year Rusal Eurobond
- Best Rouble deal on the international market for the issuance of the RusHydro 5-year Eurobond
The placement of bonds for St Petersburg, led by VTB Capital, won the nomination for ‘Comeback of the year’.
Alexei Yakovitsky, Global CEO at VTB Capital, said: “We are seeing that Russian economy is picking up, macroeconomic factors are improving, and this has a positive impact on the client demand for investment banking services. Russian issuers are increasingly entering capital markets, both international and Russian investors are showing marked interest in transactions involving Russian companies. This has been a very active year for us, we have taken advantage of the opportunities presented by a growing Russian market, securing leading positions and recognition from the professional community”.
The annual Cbonds Awards honor the leading Russian investment companies based on the votes of market participants.
VTB Group Press Office
Теl.: +7 (495) 783-17-17
Fax: +7 (495) 783-18-95