The Russian Embassy with the support of VTB Capital invited investors to a meeting in London on 20 September 2011.
During the meeting at the Embassy, Ambassador Alexander Yakovenko discussed the developing bilateral economic relations between Russia and the UK. In his welcome speech to guests, he also touched upon UK Prime Minister David Cameron’s recent visit to Russia and meetings with Russian businessmen.
Alexey Moiseev, Head of Macroeconomy Analysis at VTB Capital, delivered a speech where he outlined the current financial situation and developments in the Russian economy. VTB Capital representatives also gave a presentation on the forthcoming “RUSSIA CALLING!” Investment Forum in Moscow.
The following guests have taken part in the meeting:
- Natasha Smirnova, Pinebridge Investments
- Leigh Innes, T Rowe Price Group Inc.
- Sonya Dilova, F&C Investments
- Eugene Popov, Millhouse Capital
- Jeremy Brewin, Aviva Investors
- David Reid, Blackrock
- Hugo Bain, Pictet
- Robert James, TT International
- Christopher Colunga, Oz Management LLC
- Nadya Wells, Capital Intl
- Stephen Kirk, Lansdowne-Partner
- Ed Conroy, HSBC
, Head of Europe at VTB Capital, said: “Today Russia’s role in the global economy is on the rise. This meeting with investors is among the key elements of VTB Capital’s business model. Our core strategy is set around promoting Russia’s economy, interacting with international businesses and increasing Russia’s attractiveness to investors”.
Head of Press