VTB Capital Private Equity and Special Situations group (VTB Capital PESS) was established in 2008. The Private Equity group has invested nearly US$2 billion. This amount is comprised of Bank’s proprietary capital, as well as a significant amount of co-investments from a number of prominent global institutional investors and sovereign wealth funds. Current portfolio is comprised of attractive investments across a variety of industries, including consumer, media, transportation and food retail.
The Private Equity Team invests in both minority and controlling stakes, and subsequently exits through public listings or trade sales, normally over a period of three to five years.
Key deals and achievements:
Between 2009-2014, the team originated and completed some of the most significant private equity deals in the CIS including Lenta, Brunswick, Russ Outdoor, Burger King Russia, EPAM, Luxoft and World Class.
Seven fully and partially exited investments yielding IRRs over 48%
#1 Private Equity Firm in Russia, Private Equity International (PEI) in 2011-2014
VTB Capital Private Equity division invests in large, scalable and proven businesses. The typical equity investment size ranges from minimum of US$20 mln to control or significant minority stakes.
Attractive Entry Valuations
The Team maintains entry valuation discipline and seeks exclusive investment opportunities
Proven Business Concepts
Companies with a proven business model and internationally successful business models represent the core interest group for investing Operational Improvements The Team drives business expansion through operational support such as enhancing management, introducing new customers, business partners and other measures
Financial Structure Optimization
The Team has demonstrated one of the best corporate financing skillsets in the market
Predictable and Controlled Exits
Internationally recognized businesses creates a broader range of exit options, including more flexibility among IPOs, strategic and financial buyers.
- Recognized #1 Private Equity Firm in Russia by Private Equity International (PEI) in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Exited from 7 investments with combined realized IRR exceeding 48%
- Built a portfolio of over US$560 mln across 12 investments and attracted US$1.4 billion of co-investment capital from top-tier international investors
- Between 2009-2014, the team originated and completed the most significant private equity deals in the CIS market including Lenta, Brunswick, Russ Outdoor, Burger King Russia, EPAM, Luxoft and World Class
- Business launched in 2008 by experienced investment professionals in the Russian market
VTB Capital Private Equity and Special Situations investors include top-tier highly reputable governmental institutions and financial organizations from Europe, Asia, Middle East and the US
- Best Private Equity Investment in CEE: Lenta, EMEA Finance Achievement Awards, 2015
- #1 Private Equity Firm in Russia, Private Equity International, 2014
- #1 Private Equity Firm in Russia, Private Equity International, 2013
- #1 Private Equity Firm in Russia, Private Equity International, 2012
- #1 Private Equity Firm in Russia, Private Equity International, 2011